Principle of operation
V-TEX is a SaaS type solution and integrates an API that allows Verified Reviews to communicate directly with your e-commerce solution. A first configuration of the module is necessary on your Verified Reviews back-office.
- Daily retrieval of orders: Each day, our engine retrieves the orders for which we must send requests for reviews, and this depending on the selected configuration described in the rest of this document.
- First order retrieval: When you register for the first time on our platform and in order to collect your first reviews, we can collect several orders (already done and invoiced) on your V-TEX solution directly from the Verified Reviews back-office.
- Reviews display on your site: You have the possibility to display the reviews relating to your products directly on your product pages, for this we provide you with our tagJS system, you just have to insert a JS script and two HTML tags on your site.
Module configuration on Verified Reviews
Go to Config> My account
Check that the VTEX Integration section appears on the page
You must register your V-TEX credentials in order to ensure the connection between our platform and your e-commerce solution.
- VTEX API URL: by default the field "VTEX API URL" takes as value the API URL of your VTEX environment. If this data seems incorrect to you, you can modify it.
- VTEX username: this is the AppKey
- VTEX password: this is the AppToken
- You can choose to collect reviews on your products or not via a simple "Receive Product Reviews" checkbox, in addition to the brand review.
- Optional: If you are using V-TEX's multi-store mode, use the "Configure the multistore" link to adjust the automation to a specific store. More information here.
Click on the "Save" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes. A success message at the top of the page will then inform you if the V-TEX account has been successfully logged in, otherwise an error message will appear.
Once this configuration is saved, your module is connected and automated, we will automatically receive your orders daily.
In case you do not wish to provide us with your main V-TEX identifier set, it is possible to generate an additional set of identifiers in your V-TEX back office. Access to Catalog, Channels, OMS and Master data must be included. Click here for more information.
What if the "VTEX Integration" section does not appear?
This means that your Verified Reviews account has not been configured for VTEX.
To modify this, you must go to Config> My account> My Certificate insert> eCommerce solution, choose Vtex
Save the change by clicking on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
To access the multi-store configuration, you must click on "Configure the multistore" in the VTEX Integration insert in Config> My account.
If several sales channels are configured in your VTEX account, by default we will retrieve orders from all these channels.
You can choose to specify a particular store. We will only recover the orders associated with this store.
Access to Master Data
VTEX has an e-mail encryption system. So that we can get clear emails from your customers and your follow-up is simplified, you must include the Product MasterData in the role that has been assigned to the appKey / appToken indicated in the VTEX Integration insert.
When you save your credentials in Config> My Account> VTEX Integration then click on “Save” at the bottom of the page to save your changes, we perform a connection test with your store and we check if we have access to the Master Data. If we do not have access to it, we tell you in the message that appears at the top of the page: “However, the appKey and appToken provided are not authorised to access the master data and retrieve decrypted mails from your clients. Please change the permissions in your VTEX back-office.”
How do I change permissions?
Go to the VTEX Back-Office in the Account tab
Copy the appKey you specified in your Verified Reviews account, located in the Access key column
Then go to the Users tab (still in the Account management section)
Find the key you just copied in the search bar
Check the role assigned to it. Ex: for this appKey, the assigned role is “Netreviews”
Then go to the Roles tab (still in the Account management section)
Identify the Role (Netreviews in our example)
Click above to see the detail of the authorized Products
Product Master Data must be included. If it isn't, click “Configure another Product” at the bottom of the list to add it.
Once you have added the master data access authorization, you can retest the connection by clicking on “Save” at the bottom of the Config> My account page on your Verified Reviews account. The warning message should be gone.
Daily collect of your orders
Each day we retrieve orders in “Invoiced” status with an “invoice_date” corresponding to the date of the day before.
Here is the diagram of the different statuses of an order in the V-TEX system:
Once the module is configured as seen in the previous part, you do not have to do anything, the orders will be automatically retrieved once a day.
First collect of existing orders
When you register for the first time on our platform and in order to collect your first reviews, we can collect several orders (already done and invoiced) on your V-TEX solution directly from the Verified Reviews back-office (For example your 2/3/6 last months of orders).
- Go to the menu: Activate the test> Export VTEX orders
- On this page, you can specify a date range to target orders to collect, order status, and whether or not to collect product reviews.
- After the export, the orders will be displayed in a table and you will have the choice to send the requests for reviews on a case-by-case basis.
Display of product reviews on your site
Using the app
Note : You may need to adjust the following depending on your theme
Classic store-theme :
- First, add the Verified Reviews module as a dependency in your store. To do so, add "verifiedreviews.netreviews": "0.x" to the list of dependencies in your manifest.json (warning: you must add the connector into "peerDependencies" key and not "dependencies" key)
- Go to your product.json template
- Under "flex-layout.col#right-col", "children", insert the "netreviews-rating" bloc where you wish to display the rating
- Under "store.product", "children", insert the "netreviews-reviews" bloc where you wish to display the reviews
- Add your API KEY, SECRET KEY and set the language of the App in the APP > My apps > Netreviews Module > Settings
- If you have the “Reviews and Ratings” app installed on your store, you will have to uninstall it in APP > My apps
You have the possibility to display the opinions relating to your products directly on your product pages, for this we provide you with our TagJS system, you will just have to insert a JS script and two HTML tags in your code.
To display product reviews on your website:
Go to your Verified Reviews account in the menu: Integration> Applications
Unfold the "Display my product reviews with TagJS" section, click on "Activate the functionality"
Follow the indicated steps one by one, first integrating the JS script then the two HTML tags into your site HTML templates
Once these steps have been completed and the caching of your reviews on our servers is complete, your product reviews should appear on your product pages. Otherwise, do not hesitate to contact us so that we can assist you in setting up reviews.
Display of brand reviews
Setting up the brand reviews widget
You have the option of displaying a fixed or floating widget on your site. This widget allows you to show your visitors your average overall Verified Reviews score and thus reassure potential customers about the quality of your services.
To retrieve the code of your fixed or floating widget:
- Access your Verified Reviews account and click on "Integration> Widget Integration".
- Choose the widget you prefer, define its type (floating or fixed widget) then choose the display, position and type of opening of the certificate, and finally click on "Create widget".
You can combine widgets, eg. a floating widget for Desktop and another for mobile.
Floating widget that will be displayed on Desktop and mobile
Floating widget that will only display on Desktop
Floating widget that will only display on mobile
- The widget you have just created is displayed at the top of the page in the "MY WIDGETS" section, click on "Embed" and copy the code from the first insert "Retrieving the widget code" (with exceptions).
- Once the widget code has been retrieved, go to your V-TEX back office in the menu: Store Setup> CMS> Layout. This is where you can edit the site's HTML templates. Choose the template that suits you by selecting it in CMS> HTML Templates (footer for a floating widget for example) and insert the widget code.
Once these steps are completed, your widget should appear on your site. Otherwise, do not hesitate to contact us so that we can assist you in setting up the widget.
Note: You must have collected at least 3 site reviews in order to be able to generate your first widget, these reviews are necessary to calculate the average rating of your site.
To modify an already created widget, go to the "Integration> Widget Integration> My Widgets" section and make the changes on the widget of your choice, then click "Update". We have cache on the widgets, changes will not appear immediately on your site.
Integration of the Brand Reviews iframe
Once you have collected more than three site reviews, you can add an iframe to your site which directly displays the collected site reviews.
Access your Verified Reviews account and click on "Integration> Site Widget Integration" then in the "Vertical iFrame Widget" or "Horizontal iFrame Widget" section.
- Choose the widget you prefer and click the "Create my Widget" button, then copy the code from the iFrame and paste it into the location on your site where you want it displayed.
- You can customize some features of the iframe with the different options presented under the code, then click on the "Update" button.
- If you want to customize the CSS of the iframe, you can add your CSS rules in the "Custom css" block, then click on the "Update" button.
A cache is present on the iframes. Your personalization may not be immediately visible.
Follow-up of requests for reviews
You can track the reviews requests sent to your customers from "Stats> Reporting - Invitations to review".
You can do a specific search using the filters at the top of the page.
You can follow your published, moderated and refused reviews in the "Reviews" menu.
You can do a specific search using the filters at the top of the page.