These requests must of course remain exceptional because most of the time a negative review will bring a real added value to all of your reviews.
Reasons for rejecting a review:
• The filed review is considered inappropriate, abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, adversarial, racist, or involves a call for legal action.
• The review cannot be considered true because Verified Reviews has contradictory elements.
• The rating does not match the commentary.
• The review focuses only on the features of the purchased product or service and not on the overall experience with the rated company.
• Elements describing the consumer experience are not filled in or are considered unintelligible.
• The review is deemed to bias the average of the rated company or contains concrete elements of conflict of interest.
• The review is unrelated to the topic being rated.
• The review contains information of a personal nature or any other information likely to identify its creator, to contact them or to lead to identity theft.
• The review mentions the name of a competitor and/or encourages buying from the competition.
• The review's creator states that they are not yet in a position to evaluate the rated company or have not used its services.
• The review contains promotional elements, is considered spam, and/or mentions websites.
• The rated company has intervened in the handling of the dispute, and the creator of the review wishes to update it.
• The creator of the review has contacted Verified Reviews or the rated company to modify or remove their review.
How to request the rejection of a review?
The first step is to reply to the review.
You then have to click on the ''report'' (signaler)-pictogram:
Select a reason for rejection and add a comment to explain to our moderators why this review should be rejected. You also have the option to add attachments to support your report.
💡 In some cases, it is mandatory for you to supply proof of your claims.
|Reason requiring proof||Type of proof needed||Example|
|The review cannot be considered true because Verified Reviews has contradictory elements.||Proof showing that customer isn't telling the truth||If the person complains about a promised delivery time that was not kept even though the item was delivered on time, we will need to be provided with the delivery tracking information.|
The review is deemed to bias the average of the rated company or contains concrete elements of conflict of interest.
|Proof showing the customer's intention of harming your online reputation||For example, screenshots of negative reviews posted by that person on forums and social media.|
The creator of the review has contacted Verified Reviews or the rated company to modify or remove their review.
|Written proof showing that the person wants to modify or delete their review||The person writes you an email in which they express their willingness to change or withdraw their review. You will have to show us a screenshot.|
After the request for rejection
✅ If Verified Reviews accepts: the review is not published. The client is notified and receives a new review request.
❌If Verified Reviews refuses: the review is published. You are notified by email that your request has not been accepted.
You can view the history of a customer review at any time by clicking on it.