This article explains how to display a brand widget on your website, if you have access to the new version of our widget.
Valuing your brand reviews allows you to create a relationship of trust with your customers:
- Take advantage of the "Verified Reviews" label, a source of reassurance for your consumers
- Enhance your image by displaying your ratings and reviews on your website
- Gain visibility and increase the traffic rate of your website by improving your referencing in search engines
🆕 With the new brand widget, benefit from a more modern design, that is also suitable for mobile browsing. Opt for a simple format (circular or horizontal), or carousel format. Customize the color and size of your widget for a harmonious integration to your site.
Important : Access to the old version of our widgets will soon disappear. Therefor, we invite you to use our new widget, if you already have access to it. Don't forget to delete the script of the former widget on your website before integrating the new one into your code.
The procedure consists of 2 steps :
A/ Configuration on your Rating & Reviews Back Office
B/ Integration on your website
A/ Configuration on your Rating & Reviews Back Office:
1. Log in to your Rating & Reviews account.
2. Go to the Display review - Integrate My Widgets tab. You will arrive in a clear space, without any widgets.
3. Click on Add a Widget. You will access the customization settings of your widget:
4. Name the widget, this way it will be easier for you to identify each widget integrated to your website:
5. Start configuring the widget:
- Choose the appearance: define the shape and color
- Define advanced settings, fixed or floating widget, location on your website and device type
- If you choose the floating widget, a new setting will appear, so you can select the location on your website
Important : The floating widget is not optimized for display on tablets or phones.
6. Save the configuration
- You will be taken to the main page, where the widget (widgets if you have more than one) and the script to copy/paste to your site will appear
B/ Integration on your website:
1. Once you have configured the widget, click on the copy/paste icon.
2. Copy the code on your website in the desired location.
- For a fixed widget:
Paste the code into the desired location on your site.
For example, if you want to position your widget in the footer, paste the code in the footer tag. Save your changes and open your site to view the widget.
- For a floating widget:
Paste the code into the header tag of your code. Save your changes and open your site to view the widget.
Important : If you have any questions about how to perform this action, feel free to click on the help button. A pop-up will appear with an explanation. We also invite you to contact your technician or the person in charge of your website development.
If you embed the widget code, it will not be visible until you have 3 published reviews.
Integration with the PrestaShop module:
If you are using the PrestaShop module, you have two options to integrate your widget.
The automatic integration only works for the integration of a floating widget.
How does the automatic integration work?
- Configure the widget by following the instructions: Configuration on your Rating & Reviews Back Office
- Choose the Floating option
- Once the configuration is complete and the widget is saved, the automatic integration option will be available.
- Activate the integration
How to integrate the widget manually:
- Click under the automatic integration display
- Or, once you have configured your fixed widget and saved it, click on Integrate
- Follow the instructions
🔔 Customize the size of your widget
At the moment, it is not possible to customize the size of the brand widget, however, you have the possibility to customize the size of the widget by proceeding to override CSS in the source code of your site.
Here is the procedure:
- Analyze the source code of the website and locate the widget generated by Skeepers.
- Get the main id of the widget.
- Add a CSS rule in the website source code to force the size of the widget, using the previously retrieved id.